Obtaining an undergraduate degree at Berkeley Engineering, requires some understanding of each of the programs offerings. Intentionally, some of the undergraduate programs do not fulfill certain requirements to allow for flexibility in career path. As these pages are not updated constantly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we resolve the issue as fast as possible.
- Berkeley Engineering Website
- The best way to get the most out of Berkeley is to refer to the ESS advisers on classes, faculty advisers on career choices, and peer advisers on class load. Department advisers are another great contact for issues regarding major specific academic issues (such as major transfer approval)
- 1) Center for Access to Engineering Excellence: The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE), located in 227 & 240 Bechtel Engineering, is a hub for student engagement and academic success. They offer drop-in tutoring services for most engineering core courses.
- 2) Student Learning Center (SLC): The primary academic support unit on campus serves over 10,000 undergraduates annually in twelve academic and discovery-oriented programs provided by 20 learning specialists and 300+ peer tutors with discipline-specific expertise. To learn more about their programs visit: https://slc.berkeley.edu/programs
- 3) Physics Peer Group Study Sessions: Study group sessions staffed by qualified undergraduate students for many physics courses.
- 4) Chemistry Tutoring: Peer tutoring from 10am to 5pm for chemistry classes, no appointment needed.
- 5) Tutoring by HKN (both lower and upper EECS courses)Student members of the EECS undergraduate honor society have organized a voluntary tutoring service for both lower & upper division EECS courses.
- 6) Tutoring by CSM (lower div EECS courses): This student-run organization offers small group and one-on-one tutoring for CS 61A, CS 61B, CS 70 and EECS 16A. They also host social events and maintain databases of worksheets, videos, past exams & study guides.
- 7) Math Tutoring Referral List(Berkeley Math Dept.): List of mathematics students and others interested in tutoring mathematics at all levels, from elementary school through university undergraduate and graduate courses. These tutors have not been recruited by the Math Department. Fees are arranged between tutor and tutee.
- 8) ResHall Tutoring: Residential Hall Academic Centers provide a one-stop-shop for academic support, services, and resources for students living in the residence halls. One of the benefits of living in-residence is that you don’t have to go outside your home to find technical support, peer advising, tutoring, flexible study spaces, even a computer resource center.
- Advising Reasources
- 1) Engineering Student Services Advising: ESS advisers are available to help with everything related to your undergraduate education. They answer questions about degree and graduation requirements as well as academic policies and procedures. They assist with course selection and help address challenges you may be facing in your studies. They can suggest enrichment opportunities or make referrals to campus resources. They’re here to offer guidance and support.
- 2) Engineering Peer Advising: Sometimes you just need an experienced student’s perspective on how to juggle classes, study effectively, manage time, choose the best enrichment opportunities or simply navigate the waters of a large university like Berkeley. Our Engineering Student Services peer advisers are a great resource. They can help you by answering questions like how to drop a class or choose an elective, and they can tell you all about life in their particular major or at Berkeley Engineering in general.
- 3) Cal Career Peer Advisors: When the Career Center is open, they are your first line of contact when you visit and will be available to assist you 12pm - 4pm, Monday - Friday, when classes are in session. They’re ambassadors, advisors, and most of all, they’re here to help you get oriented to all the services the Career Center has to offer!
Currently under construction
Currently under construction